pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

The Pledge List

So here it is, the final pledge list. Usually it helps give me focus for about a week and then I give up and turn to netflix and food. But this time is different, It's out there for everyone to see (If anyone actually reads this) so I have to stick to it! And lets face it, this list is the bread and butter to my blog and I can't exactly write a blog post about netflix and peanut butter cups if I go back to my usual habits! 

Like I explained in my previous post (which I would recommend reading before this one) a pledge list helps you regroup and act as goal or distraction.

I Pledge...
  1. Style - To have one 'make an effort' dress down day a week. I used to be known for my style and as a bit of a trend setter. These days the only thought that seems to go into my outfit choice is 'Pink or white converse with my jeans today?'. Don't get me wrong, every girl needs converse in her wardrobe but it's time to mix it up a bit! 
  2. Gym -  To attend the Gym every other night at least. It's difficult with work, but up until I met titanic I was a dedicated gym member that almost had people fooled that I knew what to do in there! But I actually enjoyed it and it made me feel good, so it's happening! 
  3. Books- To read an hour a day from a chosen book. I love to read, whether its fiction, non fiction or a blog! I love the ability reading gives you to escape into another world and picture what your reading come to life. If anyone has any book suggestions then please leave them in the comments that would be great. 
  4. Learn - To learn a new instrument. I have always wanted to learn how to play an instrument, it's between the guitar or saxophone! I haven't quite decided yet but I think this would be a great distraction and also gives me something to say when that awkward 'any talents?' question gets asked. 
  5. Bake - To bake at least twice a month. I love baking and I'm actually very good at it, so why don't I do it anymore? Plus it makes me ideal girlfriend material  < ----- (Must not refer this list back to men in any way!)
  6. Save -  A massive advantage to the single life is it's cheap! I need to use this time to save my pennies for my flat deposit. I have a feeling this is going to be the toughest to keep. 
  7. Tinder - The old me, at this point would hit tinder hard! Making pointless conversations with matches despite then not being anything near my type just to feel like I was desirable to men, (and perhaps see If I could blag a free night out). Lets face it we have all being there. But not this time! 
  8. No Makeup day - To have 1 no makeup day a week. I'm thinking this will probably become a Sunday pledge! This may seem like a pretty easy task for a lot of women, but I can't really remember the last time I properly went out of the house to reveal my 'I woke up like this' face. 
  9. Blog - To keep up with this blog! Even if no one is reading this blog, I still intend to keep it update. I have always loved expressive writing and wasn't really sure in what way I could write all that was in my head down in a way that made sense. 
This is my Pledge list so far. I may add things to the list as I go along. Wish me luck with my pledge list, it should keep me pretty busy! 

I would be interested to find out if anyone else has a pledge list of their own? If so what's on your pledge list? 


4 comments:

  1. That's quite the list! I may take a leaf out of your book and try this I need some direction in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should! It's massively helped me to have a focus and to stay positive :-) I'd recommend it to anyone!

      Delete
    2. Good luck with yours I hope you continue to find it useful! I have posted mine on my blog and I am feeling focused :) http://charlotteandcate.com/2015/08/07/my-pledge-list/

      Delete
    3. That's great I shall have to check it out and keep updated! :D x

      Delete